At CGWM we value everyone as a child of God, irrespective of background, past lifestyle, race or creed, as they come to find Jesus Christ within the fellowship of the Church.
The CGWM Vision
“Liberating souls through the Word and raising a great nation for Christ.”
We set out to do this with the 4 Ds.
- Declaring the undiluted word of God to the unsaved, the broken-hearted and the oppressed.
- Declaring and making the Word of God our standard of living and a perfect way of life.
- Promoting divine teaching that enhances better and deep understanding of the Christian faith leading to new life and growth in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Bringing people to know God and develop an intimate relationship through their commitment to Him; and
- Developing a fervent prayer lifestyle.
- To work with believers and assist them in discovering their talents and hidden gifts in the vineyard of God.
- Encourage individuals to fulfil their ministries as evangelists proclaiming God’s grace by using their God-given gifts to faithfully serve one another, our community and all nations as commanded by Jesus Christ.
- To operate as a family of people committed to Jesus Christ and to each other, together worshipping God with love, joy, peace and divine empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
- To reach out to others in need and encourage charitable events locally, nationally and globally in line with the scriptures, thereby transforming lives to the glory of God.
Statement Of Faith
- The Holy Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the creator of all things and through whom disciples are made of all nations.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Saviour of humankind. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
- Jesus Christ lived sinlessly, died for our sins, rose from the dead the third day, personally appeared unto His disciples, ascended into heaven, exalted and now seated at the right hand of God the father continually interceding for us until His second coming.
- Given the sinful nature of humanity and the imperfection of believers, every man needs regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
- The personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, those who come to Him shall be saved and that salvation is wholly a work of God’s grace.
- Being born again of the Spirit of God, a life of separation from the world, perfecting of holiness in the fear of God and power of the Holy Spirit.
- That God admonishes His people to worship Him regularly and sift through His Word for edification and divine wisdom.
- Observance of the Lord’s Supper, water baptism, baptism of the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterances, gifts of the Spirit and the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit.
- Divine healing through faith in the name of Jesus Christ is provided in His redemptive work and available to all believers.
- The resurrection of both the believers and the unbelievers; the believers unto the resurrection of everlasting life and the unbelievers to the resurrection of eternal punishment in the lake of fire.
- Holiness, purity of heart and life, is achieved through sanctification by the word of God and the Holy Spirit.
- The use of anointing oil for anointing and healing. Jesus sent out the twelve apostles and they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them – Mark 6: 13.